HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS?

I ended up working both Christmas & Christmas Eve, I had gotten spoiled the last few years because through the luck of the draw I had gotten both of them off, so I was not looking forward to the actual days this year but it actually wasn't that bad. There weren't many calls, no real holiday mahem while I was working. There was one B&E call on Christmas Eve I took that pissed me off (someone broke into a single mother's apartment in the public housing complex and stole Christmas presents) She had 2 kids, one a teenager and one younger one. I checked the crime scene interviewed some of their neighbors and attempted to check one of the kids apartments that they suspected but there was no one home at that apartment. I felt helpless and kinda pissed that all I could do for them was write a report and be off to the next call for service knowing that their Christmas was ruined and there was nothing I could really do for them.

I got home at 2:00 am Christmas Eve, got busy drinking the milk, eating the cookies and at least taking a bite out of the carrots and celery left out for Santa and the reindeer. I laid out all the presents, wrote Santa's letter to the kids and finally got up to bed around 4:15 am, ready for my long winters nap.....

Yeah, nice thought, the EnforcerChildren were up and ready to hack and slash through their presents at 5:30 am. So much for elusive sleep. They had a blast and enjoyed everything and it was great to see (the oldest is now 10 years old) and I'm sure we are on borrowed Santa Time with her so seeing her so into it this year really was awesome. We only got a few hours to play with the new stuff before the 2 oldest had to go to the ex's for their Christmas there. They were back yesterday and we got to play with all the new games and toys.

I got to work a half shift on Christmas Night, and I am now off for the next few days. I'll be going in for the New Year and I am sure I'll have some great new stories then.