WORKING THE DESK

Ok, so I had an easy week last week (cop school instead of actually working the shift) I got greedy and took an extra day off in order to take my kids to the St. Paddy's Day Parade. It was fun, but St. Paddy's Day in and around Boston is always fun.

But I had to pay the piper last night, I worked inside at the front desk and I swear all the goonies came out to play.

I had one guy walk in looking like shit, sit down and tell me he was depressed and had just loaded himself up with an overdose of insulin.

I had another guy come in to report that the car was lent to him by the guy fixing his car had just gotten stolen (he left the car running while he went in to get a pack of smokes and some candy) When he came out someone was driving away with the car. Because he was just borrowing the car he had no info to provide me so that I could record it in the computer as stolen and give out a BOLO (be on the lookout) and just to add insult to injury, when I ran the guys information it came back that he had an outstanding warrant for assault and battery so he "made the team" (cop slang for we arrested him)

Further investigation into the situation revealed that the guy who lent him the vehicle was the owner of a repair shop and the lent car was actually another car he had just fixed and the owner of the car was unaware that her car had been loaned out. But all ended out on a happy note, the loaned stolen car was found dumped after a joyride and the joyrider had dropped his wallet in the car and fled without it.

There were several other stories but those were the best.