Back To Work

I went back to work last night.....
I was in a way looking forward to it. I kind of missed being in the middle of the action. I made two car stops right off roll call and fielded a handfull of calls in my sector. It wasn't a balls to the walls night but on the same token it wasn't a long boring night either. It was a perfect way to get back into the swing of things.

I also found out that theres a retirement party coming up for one of our detectives (he's my friends uncle) and he made my entry into the department a whole lot easier. It is going to to be a bittersweet night. I am glad he made it to retirement happy, healthy and still a really good guy. I am going to miss his expertise, guidance and encouragement.

It is a weird feeling that I've been on so long now that most of the guys that trained me and taught me as a rookie are now retiring and moving on and there is more cops that are junior to me than are senior now. I guess its a brand new day huh?