IS THE CONTENDER READY?

Previous PhotoNext Photo

The NBC reality competition American Gladiators has won solid ratings, Buzz and even kudos from Newsweek. Still, can the super-sized competitors keep a fickle public entertained? Given its mostly male audience, the key may lie in the hands of the female Gladiators, beginning with cage fighter Gina Carano, aka Crush, who dominates among searchers. Gird thy loins, and click through this slideshow to see how the other postmodern-day gladiators register on the Buzz Richter scale.Saturday, February, 2, 2008, 12:2 AM

The NBC reality competition "American Gladiators" has won solid ratings, Buzz and even kudos from Newsweek. Still, can the super-sized competitors keep a fickle public entertained?

I admit it, I freaking love it. I longingly recall the old show back in the 80's and this one gets me all nostalgic for my mullet, parachute pants, and ferrari sunglasses. Everything old is new again. And I'm glad about that this time around.