DO GOOD THINGS AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN---- YEAH RIGHT

I love the show My Name is Earle and I was sure that the premise of the show was true (Do good things and good things come back to you) I believed it until tonight.

You see I did my best Robin Hood impersonation, I came across a homeless kid (I had actually arrested him a few months back because he had a warrant) he was a decent kid both times I came across him, he did his time and just got out today, he had nowhere to go and was walking around town tonight in order to keep warm.

When I came across him, he was half froze but still in ok spirits, I checked if any of the shelters were open and not full, I was informed that they were all full.

So then I checked to see if he had any more warrants (he'd have to square them away but at least he'd be warm and tucked away for the night, Nope no warrants,

I even offered to let him punch me so we could take him in for that, but he didn't want to do that either.

My seargent looked at me as if to say, well there's really nothing we can do but let him know where the homeless people who don't go to the shelter hang out. The only problem was that all he had was a spring jacket tshirt and jeans on.

Thats when I hit on an idea, I grinned, looked at the Seargent and radioed in for an R/A (ambulance) for an "evaluation" when I did this the kid said he didn't really want to have to go in for a psych evaluation, they'd take one look at him, know he wasn't crazy and turf him quickly, he'd only get to stay an hour or so and be right back where hi is.

I told him not to worry, when the ambulance arrived I commandeered all their blankets and a pillow (I have a good rapport with the ambulance crews and they were more than happy to oblige) I brought him to one of the unnoficial "shanty towns" and made sure the locals took care of him.





At this point I was feeling really good about myself, like I put a few chits in my good Karma column.

That was until I got my next call.....

Two 50ish year old neighbors having a Hatfield and McCoy's type fued that has gone back to just after I got on the job.

Tonight's battle royale was about trash. Tomorrow is trash day and one guy put his trash out before the other guy, then guy #2 placed his trash in guy #1's trash container. Guy 1 goes out and takes guy #2's trash out of his barrel and launches it into guy #2' back yard.

All actions, as childish as they are cannot be catoragized as illegal. I had to listen to these two nitwits bicker back and forth (one of them actually was going to say "but officer I......) I gave him the look that conveyed that if he finished with "didn't start it"I would be really upset, I think he got the message because he stopped talking mid sentence.

I took it as long as I could then I told them they were acting worse than my kids and that if they didn't heed my warnings that i'd give them each a TIME OUT!!!!!



So I contend that I got gypped, I did good a thing and what did the cop get in return (the cop got hosed) I want my good Karma Damn it.